Dear Salem City Resident,
This is a friendly reminder that the size of your trash container must not exceed 40 pounds and the bags should not be any larger than a 32 gallon bag.
Please understand that exceeding these limits presents a problem for the hauler and its employees, but is also against the specifications outlined by the NJDEP.
Trash containers over the 32 gallon size and/or 40 pound weight limit will not be collected by the hauler.
All trash must be in a bag with a fully displayed trash sticker.
All recyclables must be in a container or be bagged.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and look forward to your cooperation.
If you have any questions please contact our office 856.935.5510 x 208
Recycling Coordinator/Inspector Kathy Parsons
RECYCLABLES EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 2009
3. Tin Cans
5. Plastic (Note: Items 1-5 can all be mixed together)
6. Cardboard (must be in a separate container. No bundles are to exceed 40 pounds. Hold on wet days.
7. Oil – you can bring waste oil to the convenience center and dispose in the holding drum.
8. Leaves, branches and bushes are to be cut in 5’ lengths. Leaves and brush are to be placed in separate plastic bags. Grass clippings are no longer accepted.
9. Bulk items – Refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, furniture etc. can be discarded at the Convenience Center for a fee of $5.00 or five stickers. Pick-up of bulk items can be arranged by calling the Treasurer’s Office at 856.935.0372 by 3:30 p.m. on the Thursday prior to pick up. Pick up days are Fridays. Notices: Bulk items are NOT to be placed on the curbside more than 24 hours in advance of the pickup schedule. Fencing will be picked up if it is less than 20’ in length.
10. Tires – Tires will NOT be accepted at the Convenience Center. They must be taken to the Salem County Utilities Authority. Call in advance at 856.935.7900 for acceptance schedules and regulations.
11. Batteries – Automobile batteries will be accepted at the Convenience Center.
12. Building Materials are the owner’s responsibility for disposal. Contractor or Commercial hauler must dispose of material at the Salem County Utilities Authority.
13. Propane Tanks are accepted at a $5.00 fee per tank.
NOTE: THE CONVENIENCE CENTER LOCATED AT 515 GRIEVES PARKWAY WILL BE OPEN ON SATURDAY MORNINGS FROM 7:00 A.M. UNTIL
1:00 P.M. NO HOUSEHOLD TRASH WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE CONVENIENCE CENTER AT ANY TIME. USED MOTOR OIL AND ANTI-FREEZE
WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE CONVENIENCE CENTER.
RECYCLING PICK UP SCHEDULE EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2009
1ST AND 3RD WEDNESDAY – North side of Broadway, Front, Fourth, Fifth, Market, Seventh, Ninth, Johnson, North Union, North Elm, Keasbey, Roe,
Allen, Craven, Morrison, Fenwick, Grant, Eighth, Gibbon, Pearl, Pledger, Hubbell, Hancock, Howell, Ward, Griffith and Anderson Drive
2ND AND 4TH WEDNESDAY – South side of Broadway, South Front, Tilbury Road, Grieves Parkway, West Side Court, South Third, Thompson,
Carpenter, Hedge, Miller, Oak, Chestnut, Delaware Avenue, Morningside Drive, Pine, Plasket, Spruce, Crossland, Cook, Victory, Chestnut Terrace
Apartments, Walnut, Meadowside, Wesley, Smith, Vanmeter, Maple, New Market, Belden, Church, Sinnickson, Olive, Union, Magnolia, Elm, Davis,
Hillcrest, Yorke, Glen Ridge Avenue, Afton Drive, Stratford Drive, Kent, Salem Manor and Whispering Waters, Eakin Street, Linden
RECYCLABLES ARE TO BE PLACED AT CURBSIDE ON YOUR TRASH DAY.
NO RECYCLABLES ON 5TH WEEK OF THE MONTH. IT IS A DISORDERLY OFFENSE TO CUT STICKERS IN HALF OR LESS.